Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fuel Price: Demonstrators' target wrong

So many demonstrations around the world and in Malaysia too recently. But one thing I notice is that all of the demonstrators are targeting their own governments for fuel price hike. I Don't understand why they continue to do this. Only cause more inconvenient for the people and head ache for the government.

They should instead target the real culprits, the financial speculators and hedge funds managers who are the one driving up the price of oil.

"There’s no global fuel shortage" says Idris Jala, and another article in The Star related to this issue.

Hopefully the demonstrators get their target right, and hopefully bring the oil price down. Is it possible to put a stop to oil trading in NYSE and else where? I guess that is the only way to get the oil price back on track and stable in future.

But powerful people like Bush or Cheney whose family are in the oil business (I read about it somewhere) may not be so happy to support that idea. They must be making millions now at the expense of peoples suffering around the world.

Please do correct me if my comments are not accurate...

0 comments: